2019 ENKO WACA AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM REGISTRATION FORM: Please Click Here
Daily components offered:
- An hour will be dedicated to homework, quiet time, and snack immediately following school each day. Assistance with homework is available. Students will be encouraged to work on homework during the scheduled time. Homework time is scheduled each day and Sunu will attempt to provide printouts of homework assignments when possible.
- Snacks will be provided to all students. Students may also bring their own snacks.
- Supervised, age-appropriate recreational activities and games. Recreational activities may include, but are not limited to, basketball, soccer and volleyball. Trivia games, contests, board games and group activities are just a few of the recreational activities that students will enjoy.
- Visual and Performing Arts and other socializing skill-based activities are incorporated into to the enrichment portion.
- The activities offered vary and change during the year. The after school program will be divided into 3 seasons. We also offer special activities such as (but not inclusive or limited to) a high school selection workshops, student vs. staff basketball and soccer games, and end-of-season performances and award ceremonies.
- It is imperative to have students connect with the activities of the after school program.While there are activities in place, students will be given a choice form with different activities that will be implemented in the program to their liking contributing to their academic enrichment. Each class will consist of a subject tutor and an activity specialist. All activities chosen/suggested are to be interconnected through the final production of a play in December and/or February.
- Field trips – We will offer students a number of opportunities to visit exciting parks, cultural institutions, sporting events and/or performances. In order to participate, all students must have an official Sunu Thiossane after school program permission slip, signed by a parent or guardian, to attend the trip. Sunu considers field trips to be a privilege, and students must demonstrate proper behavior in order to keep this privilege.
*CELL PHONE POLICY – CELL PHONES ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BE USED DURING THE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM.